Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Suddenly, information!

The information drought is over. I have my placement information!

It has been decided that I will be taking over the Elementary school positions in Monbetsu, teaching at a number of elementary schools throughout the city and ranging from full size to outlying schools with class sizes below ten. As everyone says that the elementary school kids are the most fun, I'm pretty stoked about this.

I've also received information about my apartment. It looks like I'll be living in a fifth floor apartment that comes fully furnished, and provided with a company car for traveling to the schools - I couldn't be happier. This is great, since I won't have to worry about getting the money together to buy a car right away, and I can wait a few months to look into getting a car for personal use. The furniture being sold by my predecessor also amounts to less than a hundred dollars, so for now my money worries appear to be over. Rent is pretty cheap, too!

My predecessor sent me a long text file describing the living conditions, schools, and town in detail - it sounds like Monbetsu is a fine place to live. Although I'll have a better idea once I get there, it sounds like most of the necessities are within easy walking or biking distance.

August can't come fast enough! Now to go shopping for my tracksuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment