Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Winter of our English Content



On the tail of Thanksgiving, winter has finally come - sort of. A single day of heavy snowfall, blanketing the town on Monday, has given way to melting today. We get one day of winter wonderland before moving into the grey and slushy middlingly-cold that's all too familiar to anyone who's ever been to North Dakota or Minnesota between March and June. Here's hoping it's just a fluke!




Additionally, here's a short conversation that played out in class today:

Me, In Japanese: "In Middle School you'll have homework in English class, so it's a good idea to practice writing now."
Student, in English: "OH MY GOD!"

Nothing can terrify Japanese students like English. I think I give them nightmares.



That last picture is of Temple Dog, who lives next to the lot where I park my car. He's called Temple Dog because he lives in a temple, and is a dog. I've never been accosted by demons of any sort near that parking lot so I think Temple Dog is doing a good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment