Friday, July 23, 2010

Leavin on a JET plane

Ahahaha did you catch that pun in the title? Did you like it? I hope so because if you ever join the JET program you will hear it at least three dozen more times. My suffering is your suffering.

I am writing from the Holiday Inn Express outside of O'Hare in Chicago, where we had orientation and dinner today. I met a whole bunch of people who's names I don't remember, and learned that things to be afraid of on JET include:

- Spiders
- Children
- Food
- Coworkers
- Hitting Children with Cars

Fun! Tonight I get to sit around wondering what to do with myself - it's storming out and I don't really want to go get drunk since I have a 14 hour plane ride tomorrow. In the morning we get up, cart our luggage to the airport, and get ready to travel forwards in time. Until then, thanks for reading! This is Tony, signing out of the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment